Friday, April 23 2-3:30 PANEL II: Afro-Latin American Visual Arts and Aesthetics
- Ana María Hernández (Modern Languages and Literatures, LaGuardia Community College)
- Shelly Eversley, Faculty Fellow and Interim Chair of Black and Latino Studies at Baruch College; Co-Director, Transformational Learning in the Humanities, CUNY + The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- Bárbaro Martínez Ruiz (Leverhulme Distinguished Professor and Senior Fellow at Saint Anthony’s College, University of Oxford; Tanner-Opperman Chair or Art History in Honor of Roy Sieber at Indiana University), “Kongo Graphic Writing”
- Iliana Cepero Amador (Department of Visual Arts, Eugene Lang, The New School), “Jean Baptiste Debret: Depicting the Colonial Subject in 19th Century Brazil”
- Rojo Robles Mejías (Department of Black and Latino Studies, Baruch College), “One Film Fits All?: Cinegraphic Poetics in Pedro Pietri’s Condoms Poems 4 Sale”.